Monday, January 14, 2008

The world is a surprising place


I have a friend Dan. Dan is a full blown wilderness freak. You can tell it just to look at him, he's got a burly beard and gives off a vibe where you know that guy can wander out into the woods with nothing but the clothes on his back and survive. He is a hunter, and this impressed me.
I, on the other hand, have never killed anything. I hit a kid riding his bike when I was driving home one night, but he didn't have any reflectors on his bike so I mean who is to blame there. I'm pretty sure he was OK. I didn't stick around cause really I think that could have been a bit of trouble for me there.
But back to Dan. I told him I was interested in hunting and he filled me in on it. He said it's more than just killing an animal, it's actually a real spiritual thing, a true learning experience. So I got him to take me out hunting one weekend. We trekked out into the deep woods in out camo gear with our guns, then Dan gave me a bottle of some juice and said, "Splash this stuff all over yourself", so I did. And it stunk. He told me it was deer piss, and it would attract other deer to us.
I did learn something that weekend, deers are sick pervs.

No comments: