Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sublime reunion.


Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Sublime, and in particular Bradley. So naturally the idea of a Sublime reunion seems very weird to me. I understand that there were 3 people involved in Sublime and it wasn't all Bradley. I also understand that fans would like to hear the songs live and even the possibility of a new album. But personally, I have to stand on the side that believes that this band should not be considered "Sublime". For the same reason that The Misfits should not have been called "The Misfits" once Danzig left. And for the same reason that there could never be another "Nirvana" without Cobain. I'll admit that the second incarnation of The Misfits is one of my favorite bands, and that this new Sublime singer is awesome and they sound great live. I just don't think that it's right. The other band members obviously have their owns thoughts and at the end of the day, they knew Bradley, something I could never say, and they would be the best judges of how he would interpret the new Sublime. I know if the ever tour and come near me, I'll be going, but it could never be the same.

Here's a link to a bunch of videos of their first live show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TgUhc627-I&feature=related

And a video of the new singer doing his rendition of T.I.'s "Whatever you like"

No comments: