Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sandwich Maker Fraud

I recently purchased a sandwich maker because I love sandwiches. My love for sandwiches is only rivaled by my laziness so I felt that this was a product designed especially for me.
Boy was I tricked. Not only do I still have to make the sandwich, I now have an extra step to go through before enjoying my sandwich. It lied to me, it took a simple process, said it would do it for me and then threw that back in my face with an added step for me to do!
The people behind the sandwich maker obviously did not buy into Mitch Hedbergs school of thought on naming appliances:

"What does it do?"
"It heats up a sandwich and toasts the bread."
"...anything else?"
"No. That's all."
"Yeah, see. We already have a toaster, and a toaster oven."
"What if we just lie and say it makes the sandwich for you!?!"
"Well, we'll sell a lot more units calling it the Sandwich Maker rather than telling the truth!"

That's probably how it all went down.

No comments: