Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Defining Moments

Times like these happen periodically through our lives. It may be something that sticks with you, or even makes you question the world around you. These little happenings shape the persons we become.

I remember one such time. I was six years old and I was spending the weekend with my Uncle on the family farm. While I was up there he told me, "Adam. Laughter is the best medicine. If you can be down in the dumps and still find something to laugh about you'll be alright." it was very moving.

Later that same weekend my Uncle and myself were going down to feed the cows when he was stricken with an asthma attack. While trying to get his inhaler out of his pocket he dropped the thing. I took one look at the little puffer on the ground, then I tickled my Uncle. I tickled him and tickled him.

The moral of the story is, even if you are small and have glasses people will respect you if you killed a man with your bare hands at the age of six.

No comments: