Friday, March 30, 2007

Glory Never Fades



Every now and then I like to reminiss and think back to when I coached that underdog wheelchair basketball team. Nobody thought we'd last the whole season. But we proved them wrong. Those scrappy kids had hearts bigger than any other in the league. We made our way through the season, fought through injury, and just barely made the playoffs.
That's when the true test came. Each playoff game was a battle. But they fought hard, I simply organized the troops and they went out there and lived and died on the court. We made it to the final.
Oh I wish you all could have been there. It was no story book ending with a last second basket winning us the game. My boys, my MEN went out there and dominated the competition. They mopped the floor with the number one team.
I still remember the feeling of that cold Gatorade drenching me from the mid-back on down.

No comments: