Friday, November 2, 2007

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock....

The other day I went out for drinks with some old high school friends. Some of whom I've been lucky enough to keep in touch with over the years since graduation, others were a welcome surprise. It was nice to see some of those faces after so many years. We shot the breeze for a while then it came out that we are 2 years away from a High School Reunion!
That is a scary thought!
Not that I'm afraid of getting older. Heck no! I'm embracing this aging process, it's treating me well. I'm making more money than I did when I was young. Sure I have bills to pay, but I have the freedom I dreamed of all those long hours in classes back at the ol'school.
But what gets me is the conversations that will be held at the reunion, "What have you been up to lately?", "Did you hear so-and-so has a wife and kids now?", "What are you doing these days?" and so on....
That kept me up at night. I kept trying to think of answers for what I've been doing since we graduated, and I've come up with jack-shit!
So now I need to do something remarkable. I want to, nay, I need to impress the hell out of these assholes I didn't like back then and don't keep in touch with now.
So far I haven't found anything that'll wow the crowd. I've got to kick this in high gear, or I'm going to rob a liquor store. They'll never see that coming.

No comments: